As 2017 is coming to an end, it is the perfect time to reflect on all that happened in 2017. I have spent hours reflecting on 2017; habits that I made, habits that I broke, resolutions that I fulfilled and some that I did not, and congratulating myself on my small and big accomplishments.
Reflecting on 2017:
I think that this is in an important step to do before making new years resolutions. If you start with resolutions, your mind won’t be as clear on what has worked for you and what you really want in the new year. So start with reflecting.
Ask yourself questions like…
- What were your biggest accomplishments?
- What were your small accomplishments?
- What good habits did you make?
- What bad habits did you make?
- What were your highlights?
- Whats one word that would sum up your year?
- What resolutions did you fulfill?
- What resolutions did you not fulfill?
These questions are a good start at reflecting on your past year. The answers to these questions will also help you see what is working and what is not working. Then you can set new resolutions to ensure that you fulfill all your goals and dreams.
So sit down with a coffee, light a candle, and spend time reflecting on 2017. What did you love? What do you want to change? How did you feel? What values did you have in 2017 and which do you want to have in 2018.
Reflecting is just as important (or even more important) than making new years resolutions so don’t rush.