Mornings are such a peaceful time of day, or at least they could be. I feel like there’s so much potential to have a good morning. How you start your morning off can set the tone for your entire day, for good or bad. If you hit the snooze button 5 times and are running late for work you might not have the best day… Whereas, if you wake up energetically when your alarm goes off, make yourself a coffee, and spend some time reading then you are more likely to have a positive attitude and a better day overall.
I have crafted the perfect morning routine that works for me and I want to share it with you all. If you would like to see a video of my morning routine, then you can watch the video that I uploaded to youtube.
Productive Morning Routine 2018
1. The alarm goes off– I try not to hit the snooze button and I get out of bed.
2. Positive Affirmations– Right when I wake up, I read a list of positive affirmations (that I wrote), which I keep on my nightstand. I read these positive affirmations out loud and I also say what I am grateful for.
3. Make my bed- I like to do this first thing in the morning, otherwise, it seems to not get done. Making your bed sets the tone for a productive day.
4. Wash my face & teeth– I shared the products that I use in my youtube video
5. Meditate– I meditate using a free app called “insight timer” for either 10-15 minutes. This is a game changer for me.
6. Read– I like to spend 10-15 minutes reading before I start my workday. I am currently reading “Big Magic” by Elizabeth Gilbert and it’s amazing.
7. Lemon Water– I then go to the kitchen and pour half a lemon in a glass of room temperature water and drink it.
8. Breakfast Time– For breakfast, I usually eat a piece of gluten-free bread with organic peanut butter and a banana on top. If you would like to see what I eat in an entire day, you can check out this video.
9. Coffee!– My favourite part of my morning is making my first coffee. I like making a latte with two shots of espresso and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
10. Tidy Up– Then I go upstairs and tidy up my office and bedroom. This helps me keep everything nice and organized.
11. Plan– Then I look at my Erin Condren life planner and see what I have planned for the day. I usually add a couple of new things and map out my day. I am super into planning.
12. Drink Water– I keep a mason jar of water on my desk at all times. I try to drink 2-3 jars a day. I am currently using a free water tracker app that is called “Daily Water” which helps me make sure that I am drinking enough water. Water is so important to staying hydrated & having energy throughout the day.
14. Work Time– Now its time to get to work!
That is a typical morning in my life. I am definitely a night owl but I have come to love and enjoy mornings. Mornings are a time for me to refresh and spend some time doing things that I love. I focus on clearing my mind and starting my morning off on a good note.
Thank you for your reading. Let me know what your morning routine is like in the comments!