Continuing on with my New Years series of motivational & goal setting posts, this post will be all about planning for 2018 and 5 lists that you should write today!
Theres nothing like a good list to get you inspired to get off your ass & get excited for the future! So lets get started.
Planning For 2018: 5 Lists To Write
1. 2018 Bucket List:
This is a list of all of the things that you want to do in 2018. You can always add to this list whenever you want throughout the year. But, start off by listing any trips, movies, concerts, festivals, or specific activities that you know you want to do in 2018.
Some examples are:
- Travel to Europe
- Go to a specific music festival
- Go on a road trip
- Explore a new town
- Have a beautiful picnic
- Take a wine class
You can also make this list with your friends or your significant others!
2. Reading List:
If you want to read more in 2018 then write a list of all of the books that you want to read. I made a reading list for 2018 and now I feel more inspired to read and to read more! You can do research on sites like https://www.goodreads.com/ to read reviews on books and to find new books to read by searching under specific genres.
I personally enjoy reading self-improvement books and here are some of the books on my 2018 reading list:
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*CK by Mark Manson
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- 4 Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
3. Your Values:
What are your values in 2018? What is most important to you? What makes you happy? It is important to identify which values you have so that you can make sure that you are prioritizing those values, this year. If you say that your value is “health and wellness” but you don’t make time to exercise, eat healthy, or meditate then clearly this isn’t your value. So identify what your values are and make sure that they are treated as the most important things on your to-do list.
Some of my values are:
- Growth: Personal & Business
- Health & Wellness: Exercise, Eating Healthy, Meditation
- Creativity: Inspiring Others
- Positive Energy: Motivating Others
- Balance: Work/Play
- My Relationships
What are yours?
4. Things To Do When You’re Bored (that are still productive):
There will be days where you feel bored and want to do something productive but don’t know what to do. And then there will be days where you are so busy & overwhelmed that you wish you were more productive during your less busy times. I recommend making a list of things to do when you’re bored, so that you don’t have to waste time thinking of things when those days come.
Here are some of the things on my list:
- Do a hair mask or paint my nails (self-love)
- Plan youtube videos & blog posts
- Make a pinterest board to get inspired
- Write a gratitude list
- Think of gifts to buy for upcoming birthdays/anniversaries
- Declutter room & closet
- Review goals
- Learn more about my passions: photography & wine
- Back up memory space (my future-self will thank me)
5. Things To Do When You’re In A Bad Mood
There will be days when you’re in a bad mood and feel like doing absolutely nothing (other than complaining about how everything sucks). As much as you may want to pity yourself its best to get out of a bad mood as fast as possible. Again, I recommend writing a list of things that you can do when you get in a bad mood. If you don’t have a list thats easily accessible then trust me you aren’t going to want to think of things to do when you’re in a bad mood.
So here are some of my ideas:
- Exercise: I know that you probably won’t want to do this, but try to force yourself to do some sort of exercise (even if its just going for a walk). This will make you feel better, trust me.
- Force yourself to smile for 30 seconds (this may feel weird but after 30 seconds your body releases chemicals that will make you feel happier).
- Meditate: This is my favourite thing to do when I am stressed or in a bad mood. It helps me focus on my breathing and it makes me happier.
- Name 5 things that you are grateful for: I like to do this throughout the day to remind myself of all the amazing things/people that I have surrounded with.
So those are 5 lists that you can write today to have a great 2018! Let me know some of the things on your lists in the comments down below. Also, leave me any blog post requests.