Travelling is something that most people love and want to do more of. The greatest factors that prevent people from travelling as much as they want to is typically money and being allowed to take time off of work. Well, I can’t help you convince your boss that a month trip to Thailand would help your future work productivity but I can help you think of creative ways to save more money! Money that can be used for travel instead.
So let’s begin…
How To Save Money For Travel
1. Stop buying coffee every day: I know that you probably don’t want to hear this… but making coffee at home instead of going to Starbucks every day will help you save a lot of money. A typical Starbucks coffee costs about $4.00 or more. $4.00 x 5 days a week is $20 a week. $20 x 52 weeks in a year is $1040 that you could be using for travel!
2. Cook your own meals: Another big money sucker is buying lunch or dinner every day. Try to cut back on the number of meals that you are buying out and start meal prepping and cooking at home. This is not only good for your health but it is also great for your bank account. Save that money to buy food while travelling in gorgeous countries!
3. Sell your stuff: A lot of us have lots of clutter and unused items laying around the house that we could be selling and turning into hard cash. So take some time to declutter your house, room by room and put things for sale on Kijiji, Craigslist, eBay, or other selling apps!
4. Make a travel fund: Everytime you get a pay cheque take some money and put it in your travel fund. This will help you slowly start saving money for your trips and it will quickly add up! It will also help prevent you from using the money on other things.
5. Get an extra side hustle: Is there any side hustle that you could start doing after work or on weekends to make some extra money? This could include tutoring, babysitting, coaching, teaching someone an instrument, selling a product, or doing some freelance work.
6. Cut out an expense: Is there any expenses or subscriptions that you could cut out completely? Do you get monthly subscription boxes sent your house? Do you have a gym membership that you no longer use? Analyze your bank account and see if there is anything that you could cancel.
7. Stay in more: Instead of going to the bar every week, try to stay in more and only go out for special occasions. This will help you spend less money and in return have more money for travel. You will need to sacrifice a bit but it will be worth it!
Those are 7 ways that you could save money for travel! I hope that you enjoyed this list. Let me know how you save money for travelling!