It is that time of year again when everyones planning their Christmas food & drink menus. I have been thinking about which holiday cocktails I want to make this year and I compiled a list of a few of my favourites.
5 Holiday Cocktail Recipes: The Perfect Festive Drinks
- Christmas Moscow Mule: This is a very trendy drink this year and I have seen these copper mugs at every store lately (I picked up a cute set from Homesense). I will be making moscow mules on Christmas Eve this year. You can either make standard moscow mules or you can use cranberry to make them red and more festive looking.
2. Pomegranate Sangria: Who said that sangria is only for the summer time? I am a huge sangria lover and I could (and want) to drink it all year round!!! I think that this would be a fun and unique drink to serve on Christmas day. Also, wine is already the perfect Christmas colour!
3. Negroni: Another one of my favourite cocktails is Negroni. I think that this a great drink to order/make all year round but it is also a perfect drink to serve to your guests during the Holidays. It is a simple recipe, delicious tasting, and festive looking (need I say more?!?)
4. Irish Eggnog: Whats Christmas without eggnog? I personally love eggnog even without booze in it (shocking I know) but if you want to spike your eggnog then I have the perfect recipe for you. This is a recipe that I am definitely making this year!
5. Candy Cane- Kahlua Hot Chocolate: Another crowd favourite is hot chocolate! You can make normal hot chocolate for the kids and “special” hot chocolate for the adults (make sure that you check ids if you are unsure). Don’t even lie, how good does this picture look? A combination of a few of my favourite things.
So that wraps up my 5 holiday cocktail recipe ideas. I hope that you guys got inspired on what to serve your guests (or yourself) this holiday season. Let me know if you have any other holiday inspired drinks that you like making in the comments down below!